Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Seriously, why?

Some wizened critic of the web that I read somewhere stated that blogs are nothing more than "advanced navel gazing." How true. So I suppose this means let the gazing begin!

I am sure that you will find billfreed.blogspot.com *almost* as exciting as the other web property in our family's empire -- www.billfreed.com -- My sister Rebecca built that beauty in about 1997 as a birthday present for our dad. I believe that the original plan was that pops would update the site himself, but he's been busy in the intervening ten years... But at least Rebecca owns the URL, and I'm keeping it in the family, dammit.

Not sure what direction THIS litte creative outlet is going to take, but much of it will likely revolve around mine and my wife's recent move to Petaluma, California. Expect some keen and witty observations about relocating to the sticks and comparisons with big city and So Cal livin'.

I have yet to find much out there on the web in terms of meaningful info on local food, wine and stuff to do in Petaluma -- critcal quality of life issues that are going to make our break our time here -- so I have decided to take matters into my own hands and do a bit of self-styled reportage.

Let's hope I don't piss off the locals.

Later,

Bill


1 comment:

ModernMs said...

Didn't you tell me a couple months ago that blogs were the equivalent of navel gazing? :-)

No matter--I've always admired your writing and look forward to your posts.